This procedure can be used to adjust the humidity (RH) or temperature (T) measurement of the transmitter. If you want to adjust both RH and T (HMD62), repeat the procedure for each parameter.
|It is assumed that a hole was drilled for the reference instrument during installation, the reference instrument is powered, and you can view the measurement output value.|
Insert the reference transmitter into the measurement environment next to the transmitter that you are adjusting.
The reference transmitter should be inserted approximately 30 cm (12 in) from the HMD60 probe's installation hole, towards the direction of the air flow. See Figure 1.
Monitor the measurement of the reference instrument and wait until the measurement has
If you are using a second HMD60 transmitter as the reference device, you can connect both transmitters to Insight simultaneously and view the measurement of the reference device from Insight while making the adjustment.
- Connect the transmitter you are adjusting to Insight. See Connecting to Insight software.
to switch the transmitter to calibration mode.
In calibration mode, the transmitter will not use functions that may interfere with calibration and adjustment.
- Select the type of adjustment to perform: RH adjustment or T adjustment.
Define the needed adjustment for the first measurement point:
- Read the measurement of the reference transmitter (make sure the measurement has stabilized fully).
- Click the Reference value, point 1 text box and enter the reference value of the calibration point. Press ENTER or click outside the text box when done.
- Insight automatically enters the measured values for the calibration point.
- Select to store the adjustment in the transmitter.
- Check the message that appears at the top of the screen. If the message indicates that the adjustment is activated successfully, your adjustment is stored.
- Select the Calibration information tab and update the Calibration date and Calibration text.
- Select to exit the calibration mode.
- When done, plug the installation hole of the reference transmitter.