When mounting duct model transmitters:
- Avoid installing in a location where condensation may fall on the sensor inside the duct.
- Position the sensor in the center of the duct.
- Select a site where the transmitter can be installed horizontally, onto the side of the duct. Do not point the probe downward, as this will make condensation run down to the sensor.
When mounting wall model transmitters:
- Select a location that represents well the area of interest.
- Do not install on the ceiling.
- Avoid placing the transmitter near heat and moisture sources, close to the discharge of the supply air ducts, and in direct sunlight.
When mounting outdoor transmitters:
- Install in a location with a good airflow around the transmitter.
- Avoid placing the transmitter near windows, air conditioning units, or other heat and moisture sources such as cooling towers.
- Install the transmitter at least 2.5 m above ground level.
When mounting immersion type transmitters to measure the temperature of liquid:
- Always install the transmitter in a thermowell (installation pocket). Use heat transfer paste inside the thermowell.
- Position the sensor close to the center of the pipe.
- Prefer a site where the transmitter can be installed horizontally, onto the side of the pipe. The thermowell should be installed in such a position that any condensation can run off.