When mounting TMI110 to measure the temperature of liquid:
- Always install the transmitter in a thermowell. Use heat transfer paste inside the thermowell.
- Position the sensor close to the center of the pipe.
- Prefer a site where the transmitter can be installed horizontally, onto the side of the pipe. The thermowell should be installed in such a position that any condensation can run off.
Insert a small amount of heat transfer paste into the thermowell.
Insert the probe into the thermowell.
Open the cable gland and the screws that hold the transmitter cover.
- Route the power and signal cables through the cable gland and the sealing ring, and connect the wires to the screw terminals according to the wiring instructions:
- Adjust the length of the cables between the cable gland and the terminal blocks. Make the cables short enough to close the cover without leaving a cable loop in the transmitter.
Tighten the cable gland and close the transmitter cover.