Sensor needs a reference of how local dry road looks like. The reference setting is performed while driving on the most common road surface type in the road network. This optimizes the sensor performance on the road type in question.
Option A: drive on local dry road with the most common surface type.
Option B: use factory default dry road coefficients temporarily before local dry road becomes available.
Option C: copy local dry road coefficients from another sensor.
Which commands are needed to implement this?
Command: SET REFERENCES
- With parameter 1 (ROAD)
Action takes typically 30 ... 60 seconds
What the command does?
- Changes dry road coefficient parameters 0x53, 0x54, and 0x55 (1 parameter for each laser).
- When started, changes status bit 1 (reference setting ongoing) to 1 = ongoing.
- When finished, changes back to 0 = not ongoing.
What is needed for command to succeed?
- Sensor should not report errors related to reference setting.
How do I know did the command succeed?
- If status of reference setting ongoing is 0 = not ongoing.
- There are no errors.