To reset the device, you need the device activation code, which is 16 characters long. The original delivery included 2 stickers that contain the device activation code.
Resetting the device (hard reset) restores factory settings. Reset the device if you have lost or forgotten the admin password or the configuration must be reset back to the original.
Factory resetting restores factory settings in the device and clears all user and measurement data from the device.
If you have replaced the transmitter or receiver module at some point, factory resetting clears their settings and you need to restore the settings after the factory reset.
Take a backup of the CL61 settings.
- Establish a maintenance connection to the device.
Type the following command:
- Copy and save the output in a text file.
- Open the door of the measurement unit.
Locate the reset button on the device control module CLC611, inside the measurement
Press the button for 15 seconds.
You can hear the device shutting down and starting after approximately 10 seconds, but keep the button pressed for approximately 15 seconds to complete the restart.
- Close the measurement unit door.
- Activate the ceilometer and copy the updated public key of the ceilometer to the SFTP server.
If you have replaced the transmitter or receiver at some point, do the following:
- Adjust the laser reference.
- Set a new clean window reference.
- Adjust the calibration scalar.
See the instructions about replacing the transmitter module. Use the backup you created in step 1.
- If the reset does not help, contact Vaisala.