Collecting data from CL61 requires an SSH server with SFTP and public key authentication enabled and configured. The exact setup can vary according to your preferences.
Before you start the setup and go to the site, contact your IT department to make sure that you have the following:
- Secure shell (SSH) server that uses:
- Secure file transfer protocol (SFTP)
- Linux operating system
- SSH/SFTP user created on the server
- Admin rights on the computer
If you are not using the configure sender command, make sure that you have the following:
- Secure shell server that uses the RSA host key for server identification
- Copy of MD5 hash of the SSH server RSA host public key
The SFTP setup includes the following steps:
- Copying ceilometer public key to SFTP server
- Creating folder to SFTP server
- Configuring data sender
- Verifying data retrieval
|Data files are sent to the exact folder specified, and you can name it as you wish.|
Check server root by connecting to server with, for example, WinSCP and navigating as close to root as possible. Modify destination address accordingly.
SFTP server root is usually not the same as computer root.
|For example, you can use WinSCP to find the hash.|