|Use of the maintenance connection is allowed only when maintenance operations are performed at qualified locations. CL61 does not comply with EMC standards when the door is open. The door has a conductive gasket to suppress electromagnetic radiation. When CL61 is used for normal operation, the door must always be closed.|
The maintenance connection is established with the Ethernet maintenance cable included in the delivery, connecting the PC or laptop to the maintenance port of the ceilometer. The Ethernet maintenance port is located at the bottom of the measurement unit.
|Push the plug into the port and turn 90º to lock in place.|
Connect your laptop to the maintenance port of CL61 with the Ethernet maintenance
Maintenance port: eth0
Data port: eth1
CAUTION Remove the Ethernet maintenance cable after setup. It is not intended for permanent installation.
Configure your computer settings to match the CL61 network settings.
- From your computer Control Panel, open Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click Ethernet and select Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
Fill in IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway using the following computer settings.
Property Value IP address 172.17.0.5 Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 Default gateway 172.17.0.1
- After configuring your computer settings, select OK on both pop-up windows to close them. The settings save and apply when the windows are closed.
- Open the command prompt app on your laptop.
To test the connection to CL61, type the following in command prompt: