|Warning Only licensed experts may install electrical components. They must adhere to local and state legislation and regulations.|
|Warning Do not open the AC/DC power supply unit. There are no user-serviceable parts inside the unit. If the power supply unit is faulty, contact Vaisala.|
For the AC (mains) power connection, you need an external disconnection device (for example, a circuit breaker).
- The disconnection device must be rated 16 A or 20 A at 250 VAC, and must conform to any additional local regulations.
- To prevent accidental switching on during installation and maintenance, the disconnection device must be visible from the enclosure, or lockable with a key.
- The installed enclosure must not block access to the disconnection device. The disconnection device must remain easy to operate.
The AC (mains) cable is not included in the delivery. Use an AC (mains) cable with a minimum cross-section of 3 × 1.5 mm2 (15 AWG).
|Warning Before connecting the AC (mains) power cable, switch off the power.|
Install the external disconnection device for the AC (mains) power connection.
- Clearly mark the disconnection device as the disconnection device for the enclosure.
- Make sure that the external disconnection device is switched off. If possible, lock it into the OFF position.
- Lead the AC (mains) cable between the external disconnection device and the power supply, and connect the cable to the external disconnection device.
- Remove the transparent protective cover in front of the AC (mains) input assembly.
- Lead the AC (mains) cable into the enclosure.
Strip approximately 100 mm (3.94 in) of the cable, and cut the phase and neutral wires to the length of approximately 50 mm (1.97 in). If you are using a stranded wire, add cable ferrules to the ends.
CAUTION Make sure that the grounding wire is longer than the phase and neutral wires. Under mechanical stress, the grounding wire must be the last to disconnect from the protective ground terminal. Number Wire Wire Color (International) Wire Color (North America) Maximum Wire Cross-section 1 Phase L Brown Black 10 mm2 (8 AWG) 2 Neutral N Blue White 10 mm2 (8 AWG) 3 Grounding PE/GND Yellow/Green Green
10 mm2 (8 AWG)
6 mm2 (10 AWG)
Connect the (green or yellow/green) grounding wire PE/GND to the protective ground terminal.
- Connect phase wire L to terminal 2.
- Connect neutral wire N to terminal 8 in the mains switch.