See the steps below for instructions on how to make a hanger board out of the radiosonde cardboard package. See also the video at www.vaisala.com/RS41.
To make the hanger board, you need the following items:
- Cut the radiosonde cardboard package to one whole piece that is big enough to make a hanger board.
- Make 1 hole at one end of the hanger board, 4 holes at the other. Make the 4 holes so that 2 holes are on top of each other.
- Tie a string on the unwinder hook.
- Thread the string through the 4 holes so that the unwinder is firmly attached to the other end of the hanger board.
- Pull the same string through the hole at the other end of the hanger board and attach the string to the parachute. The string now runs across the hanger board.