After you install the HMT140 Utility and set up the HMT140, use the Configuration Cable and HMT140 Utility software to connect and configure the HMT140 for your network.
To configure the HMT140 for your network with standard settings:
- Make sure the HMT140 cover is open and the correct batteries are installed.
- Turn on the HMT140 and wait 5 seconds to make sure the startup process completes.
- Plug the USB connector on the HMT140 Configuration Cable to the computer, if it is not already connected.
- From the Start menu, open the HMT140 Utility.
- Connect the end of the HMT140 Configuration Cable labeled USB Wi-Fi Programmer to the 4-pin HMT140 CONFIG header.
- On the HMT140 Utility Setup tab, select Retrieve.
- If the IP address is static, uncheck the IP Address Dynamically Assigned option and enter the network parameters. Otherwise leave this option checked.
- Enter the parameters for the WLAN (wireless LAN router settings).
Enter the Destination IP address/name and port number of the host (viewLinc server settings).
If you do not know the information required, request these parameters from your network administrator.
- Select the Sensor tab and select a Transmit Period Time and number of Tries, or accept the default settings.
- Select Update. The HMT140 Utility will configure the HMT140.
- Select the Status tab to check that the settings appear as configured. Select Get if the settings do not appear automatically.
- Disconnect the HMT140 Configuration Cable from the HMT140 and wait for 8 seconds.
Press the SERVICE button on the HMT140. Optional: Enter a name for the saved settings on the Setup tab in the
Saved Settings field, and select the disk icon to save.
To configure custom settings for the HMT140, see HMT140 User Guide, M211488EN.
Refer to the Vaisala viewLinc product guides for more information about using HMT140 devices with the Vaisala viewLinc continuous monitoring system.