Route the down conductor from the air terminal down to the grounding connector at the base of the mast using the shortest route possible.
You can route the mast down conductor and the enclosure down conductor on the same side of the mast.
|CAUTION To minimize the magnetic coupling between the down conductor and signal cables and the risk of electronic damage, install the down conductor on the opposite side of the mast than the signal cables.|
Route the cables down and attach them to the grounding connector.
To prevent a lighting current causing damage to your wiring, make sure to install a down conductor as follows:
- Use only smooth curves to avoid damage to the conductor. The minimum radius is 20 cm (8 in).
- Never bend the conductor backwards. All angles must be less than 90 degrees, preferably less than 45 degrees.
- Do not make loops to the conductor.
- Remove all excess material from connections. Leave only a suitable slack near conductors to allow thermal and constructional movements.
- Bond separate down conductors (for example mast and enclosure down conductors) to a common connection point, such as a grounding connector.