- Make sure the process line is depressurized.
Weld ferrules into the process pipeline according to material and system
Table 2. Flow cell installation dimension Flow cells 1" 1 ½" 2" 2 ½" 3" 4" A (mm [in]) 52.5 [2.0] 72.2 [2.8] 91.0 [3.5] 110.2 [4.3] 128.3 [5.0] 169.6 [6.6]
Install gasket into the ferrule.
Install flow cell using clamps.
Finger tighten to 3 Nm if you are using the clamp with one tightening screw.
Tighten to 28 Nm with 9/16" wrench if you are using the sanitary clamp with two
- Finger tighten to 3 Nm if you are using the clamp with one tightening screw.
Install gasket for the refractometer.
Mount the refractometer. Make sure the cable glands on the refractometer are in a
- Finger tighten to 3 Nm if you are using the standard clamp (with one tightening screw).
- Tighten to 28 Nm with 9/16 inch wrench if you are using the high pressure clamp (with two tightening screws).
- Make sure the wash system connection on the flow cell is properly plugged to avoid leakage.
- Make sure the refractometer is firmly in place and that there is no excessive vibration. Support the piping if needed.