Before starting the installation, check the following:
- Make sure that your installation site suits
the Ex classification of the probe: see Table 1.
- Review the hazardous area information in
Using MGP260 series probes in hazardous locations and make sure that the conditions for safe use are met.
- Review the wiring diagram included in this
document for power supply requirements: MGP260 probes require a dedicated 18 … 30 VDC power
supply. Note that in addition to the power supply input for the probe, each analog output
must be externally powered.
- Review the information in Pressure compensation input options and ensure that you are
using a pressure compensation input source that matches the settings of your MGP260
- Inspect the probe for any possible damage
or dirt that could compromise the leak tightness of the device (for example, bent or
punctured parts of the probe body, or dirt that prevents the connection box from closing
- When selecting the cable glands and plugs for your application, make sure they are Ex
| The NPT threads of the probe can have sharp edges. To
avoid injury when touching the threads, wear protective gloves.|
| The probe can cause a foot injury if
dropped. To avoid foot injuries, wear protective shoes.|