The transmitter body enclosure must not be opened in an explosion hazardous area, unless a safe work permit has been issued in accordance with the standard IEC 60079-14. Either remove the transmitter from the hazardous area before opening the enclosure, or ensure that an IEC 60079-14 compliant safe work procedure has been implemented in the hazardous area.
|Always use an Ex compliant multimeter. The output parameters of the multimeter must be compatible with the input parameters of the transmitter.|
If you want to verify the output level of the analog output channels, test the connection as follows:
- Detach the probe body and open the transmitter cover.
- Connect a multimeter to the mA testing points located above the output screw terminals on the transmitter component board.
Start the output test mode either by using the transmitter display interface, or, if
using a transmitter without a display, by connecting the transmitter to Insight PC
- For instructions on using the output test mode with Insight PC software, see Testing analog output level with Insight.
To start the output test mode with the display interface, open the
- Select an output level to force the output to (4, 12, or 20 mA) and select Start. Verify the output with the multimeter.
- After verifying the output, remove the multimeter, close the transmitter cover, and reattach the probe body.
If the output is incorrect and requires adjustment, see Analog output adjustment overview.
CAUTION The service port (see Figure 2) must only be used in a safe area. Either remove the transmitter from the hazardous area or ensure that a safe work procedure has been implemented in the hazardous area. Only use the Vaisala accessory PC connection cable with the service port.