- With the installation of the equipment in EPL Ga Group II, when the enclosure is made from aluminum alloy, it has to be ensured that sparks due to impact or friction do not occur.
- The cable glands and blanking elements used with the transmitter must conform to requirements of IEC 60079-0 (GB 3836.1).
Notices for equipment use
- The transmitter is designed for use in a normal ambient temperature range of -40 °C … +60 °C (-40 … +140 °F).
- The transmitter body has two alternative types: display and 4-button keypad, or LED indicator. The temperature class of both types is T4.
- Transmitter maximum input parameters:
Max. input voltage Ui (V) Max. input current Ii (mA) Max. input power Pi (mW) Max. input parameters 28 100 700 Ci(nF) Li(μH) 12.1 16
When the transmitter is used in mixed explosive gas atmospheres, the transmitter must be used with certified intrinsic safety associated apparatus in intrinsic safety system. The system wiring must comply with the installation manuals of the transmitter and intrinsic safety associated apparatus. The terminals for connection must not be wrong.
- The enclosure Type of Protection of the transmitter is IP54.
- To avoid dismissing and damaging the explosion-proof characteristics of the transmitter, it is strictly prohibited for the user to modify the electrical components. The user must contact the product manufacturers to solve any operating problems.
- Electrical installations design, selection, erection, installations inspection, maintenance, equipment repair, overhaul and reclamation shall comply with relative requirements in the manual, GB 3836.13-2013 (note: IEC 60079-19 MOD), GB/T 3836.15-2017 (note: IEC 60079-14 MOD), GB/T 3836.16-2017 (note: IEC 60079-17 MOD), GB/T 3836.18-2017 (note: IEC 60079-25 MOD) 及GB 50257-2014 (English name: Code for construction and acceptance of electric equipment on fire and explosion hazard electrical equipment installation engineering).
- The cable glands and cables used for
wiring the device must not impair the Ex protection.
- Unused lead-throughs must be sealed using Ex compliant plugs.
- Select a strain relief option that suits the application (either use cable glands that include strain relief or install separate clamps: see IEC 60079-14).
|CAUTION Connect only de-energized wires. Never switch on the power supply input before completing the wiring and closing the transmitter body.|
The overvoltage category of HMT370EX transmitters is I (non-mains equipment), and ambient pollution degree is 4, as specified in IEC 60664-1. For intrinsically safe input parameters, see Table 1.
|Parameter||Value||Associated apparatus entity parameters|
|Ui||28 VDC||Uo ≤ Ui|
|Ii||100 mA||Io ≤ Ii|
|Pi||700 mW||Po ≤ Pi|
|Ci||12.1 nF||Co ≥ Ci + Ccable|
|Li||16 µH||Lo ≥ Li+ Lcable|
Using analog output test points
The transmitter body enclosure must not be opened in an explosion hazardous area, unless a safe work permit has been issued in accordance with the standard IEC 60079-14. Either remove the transmitter from the hazardous area before opening the enclosure, or ensure that an IEC 60079-14 compliant safe work procedure has been implemented in the hazardous area.
Using the service port
The service port (see Figure 1) must only be used in a safe area. Either remove the transmitter from the hazardous area or ensure that a safe work procedure has been implemented in the hazardous area. Only use the Vaisala accessory PC connection cable with the service port.
The probe (includes probe body and head) can be detached and replaced by the user. The probe head filter (see Figure 1) is also user-replaceable. For other maintenance requirements, contact Vaisala.
|CAUTION The probe can be detached and changed when HMT370EX is powered. Any other live maintenance, including changing the probe head filter, is not allowed.|