|CAUTION Use only cables provided by Vaisala to connect devices to the transmitter. Attempting to connect incompatible devices or cables can damage the equipment.|
|CAUTION The service port connection is only intended for temporary use during configuration, and must not be used for permanent installations. The IP rating and EMC properties of the transmitter can be affected when the service port is open.|
Upon connecting, the transmitter receives date and time settings from Indigo80.
- Open the 2 hex screws on the cover of the transmitter using a 4-mm Allen key.
- Open the transmitter cover.
- Connect the M8 end of the service cable to the service port.
Connect the M12 end of the cable to the desired port on the bottom of the indicator.
You can select the port freely based on your set of connected devices.
- Note the orientation of the cable connector when inserting it
- Hold the connector in place while turning its locking ring clockwise – never twist the connector body!
Wait for the indicator to detect the transmitter.
When the indicator recognizes the connected transmitter, it shows a notification on the display. On the transmitter display, the active connection symbol appears.