|WARNING Before connecting the AC (mains) power cable, switch off the power from the main power source.|
|CAUTION Before connecting power to the device, read carefully the safety notes in Installation safety.|
For the AC (mains) power connection, you need an external disconnection device (for example, a detachable power cable or a mains power switch).
- The disconnection device must be rated 16 A or 20 A at 250 V AC, and must conform to any additional local regulations.
- The disconnection device must be visible from the cabinet, or lockable with a key to prevent accidental switching on during installation and maintenance.
- The cabinet must not block access to the disconnection device after it has been installed. The disconnection device must remain easy to operate.
The AC (mains) cable is not included in the delivery. Use an AC (mains) cable with a minimum cross-section of 3 × 0.75 mm2 (18 AWG).
|Refer to Layout diagrams for the locations of components inside the cabinet.|
Unscrew and remove the transparent cover plate protecting the circuit breaker and the power supply module.
Lead the AC (mains) cable into the enclosure.
Lead the cable through a flange in the cabinet enclosure, following relevant safety regulations. Take note of safe areas around safety barriers or galvanic isolators inside the enclosure.
Strip approximately 100 mm (4 in) of the cable, and cut the phase and neutral wires to the length of approximately 50 mm (2 in). If you are using a stranded wire, add cable ferrules to
CAUTION Make sure that the grounding wire is longer than the phase and neutral wires. Under mechanical stress, the grounding wire must be the last to disconnect from the protective ground terminal. Number in figure Wire Wire color (international) Wire color (North America) Min. … max. wire cross-section 1 Phase L Brown Black
Solid wire: 0.75 … 4 mm2 (18 … 12 AWG)
Stranded wire: 0.75 … 2.5 mm2 (18 … 14 AWG)
2 Neutral N Blue White 3 Grounding PE/GND Yellow/Green Green
Connect the phase, neutral, and grounding wires of the AC (mains) cable as indicated in the figure below.
- Reattach the transparent cover plate.
- Switch on the circuit breaker.
- Switch on mains power.