| You need the following for the adjustment:|
- Install your probe and the Vaisala HPP270 series probe used as reference in the calibration environment. Make sure their installation location is such that the probes' readings are comparable, that is, the environment is identical for both probes.
- Connect your probe and the reference probe to Insight.
- Wait for the start-up purge to finish.
- For your probe only, select to switch the probe to calibration mode. Leave the reference probe in the normal measurement mode (default start-up mode).
In the General tab, in the Calibration
mode drop-down list, select H₂O₂.
CAUTION It is very important to select H₂O₂ as the calibration mode. If you leave the probe in the RH and T calibration mode (default mode), the sensor heating is switched off and the sensor will not withstand exposure to H2O2 vapor.
- Open the H₂O₂ adjustment tab.
- Expose your probe and the reference probe to H2O2 vapor and wait for the ambient H2O2 concentration to reach the desired calibration and adjustment level.
- Wait for the measurement to stabilize fully. This may take more than 30 minutes. Monitor the H2O2 concentration readings of both probes to see when the measurement has stabilized.
- When the measurement has stabilized, check the H2O2 concentration reading of the reference instrument. If you cannot see the reference instrument reading behind the calibration window, close the calibration window but do not exit the calibration mode.
Click the Reference value, point 1 text box and enter the reading from the reference probe.
Press ENTER or click outside the text box when done.
The probe automatically enters the measured value for the calibration point.
- Check the difference between the H2O2 concentration readings of your probe and the reference probe. A very large difference may be due to insufficient stabilization time or unsuitable calibration setup.
- Select to store the adjustment in the probe.
- Check the message that appears at the top of the screen. If the message indicates that the adjustment is activated successfully, your adjustment is stored in the probe.
- Select the Calibration information tab and update the Calibration date and Calibration text.
- Select to exit the calibration mode.