Only Windows® operating systems are supported by the driver of the USB service cable.
- Connect the USB service cable to a USB port on your computer. Windows® detects the new device and installs the appropriate driver.
- Open Devices and Printers from the Windows® Start menu. Use search to find it if necessary (search for "devices").
Locate the cable in the list of devices:
- If the device is listed as Vaisala USB Device with a COM port number in brackets, the cable is ready for use. Note the COM port number, you will need it later.
- If the device is listed as Vaisala USB Instrument Cable without a COM port number listed, you must install the driver manually.
To install the driver manually:
- Disconnect the USB service cable from the computer.
- Download the Vaisala USB driver at http://www.vaisala.com/software (select the appropriate USB Instrument Driver Setup for your cable).
- Run the USB driver installation program Vaisala USB Device Driver Setup.exe. Accept the installation defaults.
- Go back to 1 and verify that the driver installation works as expected.