|CAUTION Do not expose the probe to H2O2 vapor when the probe is in calibration mode and sensor heating is off. Exposure to H2O2 condensation can cause the PEROXCAP sensor to fail within a day, and the sensor will not recover.|
|In order to make a successful adjustment, the humidity of the second calibration point (wet point) must be at least 40 %RH higher than the humidity of the first calibration point (dry point). For example, if point 1 is 10 %RH, the second calibration point must be at least 50 %RH.|
Because the stabilization of humidity takes time, you should expect the adjustment procedure to take at least 30 minutes for each adjustment point.
- Prepare the RH calibrator equipment for RH calibration point 1 (dry point, recommendation 0 … 35 %RH).
- Connect the probe to the Indigo transmitter, and then connect the Indigo transmitter to Insight PC software. Wait until Insight detects the probe.
- Perform a sensor purge, or wait for the start-up purge to finish.
To open the Insight PC software calibration menu, select to access
Insight main menu. In the main menu, select
In calibration mode, the device will not use functions that may interfere with calibration and adjustment.
- In the General tab, make sure the calibration mode RH is selected.
- Open the tab RH for H₂O₂ adjustment.
- Remove any possible previous adjustments by selecting Restore factory adjustment.
- Insert the probe head in the first reference environment.
- Wait for the RH and temperature measurements to stabilize fully. This may take more than 30 minutes. Monitor the readings to see when the measurement has stabilized.
Enter the value of the first reference into the Reference value, point 1 field.
The probe automatically enters the measured values for the calibration point.
- Repeat steps 8… 10 for calibration point 2 (wet point, recommendation 65 … 85 %RH).
- Select to store the adjustment in the probe.
- Check the message that appears at the top of the screen. If the message indicates that the adjustment is activated successfully, your adjustment is stored in the probe.
- Select the Calibration information tab and update the Calibration date and Calibration text.
- Select to exit the calibration mode.