Select a suitable mounting location. A good location is easily accessible, protected from
water and condensation, and remains within the operating temperature range of
- +2 ... +60 °C (+35.6 ... +140 °F) with alkaline batteries
- −20 ... +60 °C (−4 ... +140 °F) with lithium batteries
If you need to measure a wider temperature range, use a HMP110 or TMP115 probe and connect it using an extension cable. This way you can leave the data logger in an environment that is suitable to its specification.
Attach the mounting bracket using one of the mounting methods shown in Figure 1. Orient the bracket vertically so that the
probe or extension cable points down after installation. Do not attach RFL100
without the mounting bracket.
CAUTION If you are mounting the data logger higher than 2 m (6 ft) or in a location where it would pose a hazard if dropped, ensure the mounting bracket is securely fixed with screws or cable ties.
- Slide the logger into the mounting bracket from the top, with the probe or cable pointing downward.
Peel off the protective film from the display and remove the yellow transport
protection cap from the probe.
- If the probe(s) are connected using an extension cable or a probe splitter, mount the probes in the desired measurement locations and secure the cable(s) using the included accessories.
- Recommended: Apply location labels to the mounting bracket and RFL100 according to your installation plan and company policy.