|Wear protective eyewear, gloves, and a safety helmet.|
- Water the cast molds.
To make sure the concrete meets the cubical strength requirements, use prefabricated
concrete that is delivered and pumped by a concrete delivery truck.
If you make the concrete on the site, pay special attention to the mixing ratio, mixing and working times, and to the purity of the water (potable water).
- Pour or shovel the concrete into the cast molds.
Proceed gradually layer by layer until the form is full. Vibrate the concrete in the
mold or use a hammer on the cast mold.
CAUTION Do not over-vibrate the concrete in the mold. This causes the concrete mixture to liquify, separates stone and cement material in the concrete mixture, and may break the mold.
- To level the surface of the concrete foundations, use a wooden board. Check with a spirit level.
- Check that the foundation bolts are at the correct height, vertical, and on the same level with each other.
- Cover the concrete foundations.
Loosen the cast molds after 2 to 3 days, and remove the cast mold after a week.
To achieve compressive cube strength, wait for 28 days for the concrete to harden.
- Compact the soil around the concrete foundations with the backfill.
The concrete foundations are ready.