When the HUMICAP® sensor is replaced with a new one, you must perform a new 2-point adjustment for the new sensor.
To perform a 2-point adjustment for a new HUMICAP sensor with Insight PC software, you need:
- Vaisala USB cable (item code 219690)
- Computer with a Microsoft Windows® operating system (64-bit version and Vaisala Insight PC software installed. Insight PC software can be downloaded at www.vaisala.com/insight.
- 2 humidity references.
- Prepare an RH calibrator to create suitable reference conditions.
Open the Insight software on your PC.
Note that you must use Insight in the Advanced Mode user mode to perform an RH adjustment for a new HUMICAP sensor. The user mode selection is done in the Settings menu.
- Connect the probe to the PC with USB cable 219690 and wait for Insight to detect the probe.
- Remove the filter from the probe and insert the probe in the first humidity reference environment.
- To open the Insight PC software calibration menu, select to access Insight main menu. In the main menu, select Calibrate, and then open the RH adjustment for new sensor tab.
- Wait for the measurement to stabilize fully. The graph shows readings of the last 60 minutes.
- When the measurement has stabilized, click the Reference value, point 1 field and enter the RH level of the first reference point. Press ENTER or click outside the field when done.
- Check that the measured value(s) for point 1 are automatically inserted.
- Place the probe in the second reference environment and repeat steps 6 … 8 for the second reference.
Check the difference between each reference and measured value. Very large differences
may be due to insufficient stabilization time or unsuitable calibration setup.
To save the adjustment into the device, select Overwrite factory adjustment.
To exit without taking the adjustment in use, select Close.
- After adjusting your device, update the information in the Calibration information tab.