Configuring dial-up connection - AWS310 - AWS310-SITE - AWS430 - MAWS201
AWS Client User Guide
- Document code
- Document type
- User guide
The dial-up connection is based on a Windows Dial-Up Networking entry. Before you create
an address book entry in AWS Client, create the connection in Windows. For more information on
creating a Windows Dial-Up Networking connection, see the Windows online help.
In AWS Client, select
In the Address Book window, select New.
From the Type list, select Socket.
In Common, set the following:
- Type an alphanumeric string that uniquely identifies the connection that you create in the address book.
- Station id
- If you have only one weather station in the network, you can leave the field blank. If you have multiple weather stations in the same network, and you are going to access them over the same connection, type an alphanumeric string that uniquely identifies the station for which you are creating an address book entry.
- Command wait timeout (ms)
- Type a value in milliseconds that specifies how long AWS Client waits for the QML data logger to respond when AWS Client sends a request over the connection. The value should be at least 20000 ms (20 s).
- If the request, for instance, a log file download, succeeds within the timeout, a success message is displayed. If the request fails, a failure message is displayed instead, and you can try again at a later time.
- Factors such as the current load on the QML data logger, delays in the connection, and the response length affect whether or not the timeout expires during a request.
In Socket, set the following:
- Dial-up modem entry
- Select the ISP Name, that is, the Windows Dial-up Networking entry
that you created.
To save the changes, select Save.