- In AWS Client, select .
In the Address Book window, select New.
From the Type list, select Serial Port.
In Common, set the following:
- Type an alphanumeric string that uniquely identifies the connection that you create in the address book.
- Station id
- If you have only one weather station in the network, you can leave the field blank. If you have multiple weather stations in the same network, and you are going to access them over the same connection, type an alphanumeric string that uniquely identifies the station for which you are creating an address book entry.
- Command wait timeout (ms)
- Type a value in milliseconds that specifies how long AWS Client waits for the QML data logger to respond when AWS Client sends a request over the connection. The value should be at least 20000 ms (20 s).
- If the request, for instance, a log file download, succeeds within the timeout, a success message is displayed. If the request fails, a failure message is displayed instead, and you can try again at a later time.
- Factors such as the current load on the QML data logger, delays in the connection, and the response length affect whether or not the timeout expires during a request.
In Serial Port, set the following:
- COM port
- The COM port to which the service cable is connected to.
- Baud rate
- Set to 9600.
- Set to None.
- Data bits
- Set to 8.
- Stop bits
- Set to 1.
- Flow control
- Set to None.
In Telephone, type the information if you are using a modem to connect to the QML data logger.
- In Initialization command, type ATE\rATX1 (multiple AT commands separated by \r).
- In Dial command, type ATDT123456 (an AT command followed by a phone number).
- To save the changes, select Save.