|Plan the placing of the mast and guy wires, as well as the orientation carefully. All of these affect the placing of the equipment on the mast and the lowering of the mast for maintenance.|
- Select a location with at least 4 meters (13 feet) of clear area around the mast.
- Mark the place for the mast concrete foundation at the center of the location.
- Use the string to draw a circle to the ground, around the mast foundation.
- Use a compass to check the orientation.
Mark a location for the first guying foundation on the circle line.
- On the Northern Hemisphere, to the East from the mast concrete foundation.
- On the Southern Hemisphere, to the West from the mast concrete foundation.
Mark also the opposite side of the circle. That will be your next center point.
From the new center point, use the string as compass and draw another circle to the
Mark the places where the 2 circles cross each other. They are the locations for the other 2 guying foundations.