- Make a cast mold from wooden boards for the concrete foundation.
- Dig a hole for the foundation.
- Spread a layer of gravel and level the gravel with a wooden board.
- Compact the gravel with a plane compactor or similar device.
- Consider the individual site requirements and use drainage pipes if the ground on the site is wet.
Build the steel reinforcement structure into the cast mold.
- Use 12‑mm (0.47‑inch) deformed steel. The distance between the horizontal layers is approximately 200 mm (7.87 in).
- Use stands under the reinforcement structure and steel wire to hold the structure.
- Make the steel reinforcement for the guy wire concrete blocks similarly, but adjust the bar lengths of the reinforcement according to the smaller dimensions of the concrete block. In the concrete block for a guy wire, you do not need the cable conduits.
Assemble the foundation set for the mast:
- Screw the foundation bolts to the wedge bolts.
- Fix the lower plate with the cable ties to the foundation bolts.
Fix the upper plate with the cable ties (under the plate) and 3 nuts to the
foundation bolts. The top of the foundation bolts must be approximately 80 mm
(3.15 in) above the upper plate.
If your delivery contains guy wires, assemble also the foundation set for it
- Fix the foundation bolt to the wedge bolt.
Fix the nut and the eye nut to the other end of the foundation bolt, so that the
eye remains totally open.
Level the assembly so that the top of the bolt is 40 mm (1.57 in) above the concrete. The bottom of the eye nut is approximately 10 mm (0.39 in) above the finalized concrete block.
Place the foundation set into the mold and tie with wire to the steel reinforcement
Check the correct alignment of the foundation assembly to meet your local requirements.
- Attach two 2‑by‑4‑inch wood planks with screws to the cast mold so that they hold the foundation set in the middle of the cast mold.
- Attach the foundation set with screws to the planks and with wire to the steel reinforcement bars.
Check that the foundation bolts are at the correct height,
vertical, and on the same level with each other.
Make sure that 80 mm (3.15 in) of the foundation bolts is above the surface of the concrete foundation.
Place 2 cable conduits in the cast mold and tie the cable conduits with wire to the
steel reinforcement bars.
The recommended inner diameter of a single conduit is 50 mm (1.97 in) and the maximum outer diameter 70 mm (2.76 in).
- To protect the threads of the foundation bolts from concrete splashes, use electrical tape or similar.