Vaisala recommends that you wash all the painted surfaces at least once a year. Use only warm water or warm, mildly soapy water. Wipe with soft cloth or sponge and rinse with clean water.
|Do not use solvents or abrasive sponges when cleaning painted surfaces.|
If you need to repaint the surface, prepare it before painting.
|Make sure the air temperature, paint, and the painted surface are at least +10 °C (+50 °F) and the relative humidity below 80 % during painting and drying. Do not paint in rain or in direct sunlight.|
- Clean the surface and remove any loose coating with a scraper and a steel brush.
- Use sandpaper on damaged areas and around the damaged area’s edges.
- Remove impurities, such as dirt and grease, with warm soapy water.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Make sure the surface is completely dry before starting maintenance painting.
Protect the surfaces that will not be painted with tape or paper.
After preparing the surface, coat the surface as soon as possible. Follow your paint manufacturer's instructions carefully.
- Use a primer, such as Teknos INERTA PRIMER 5 epoxy paint 60-80 µm.
- Paint the surface 2-3 times, so that the dry film layer thickness is 40-60 µm. Use, for example, Teknos TEKNODUR 0190 polyurethane 40 µm, so that the total thickness is 100-120 µm.
- Solid White, Semi Gloss RAL 9003
- Shade Grey, Semi Gloss RAL 7035
- Construction Grey, Semi Gloss RAL 7024
- Signal Red, Semi Gloss RAL 3001
For more information, visit the paint manufacturer's website www.teknos.com.
|If you use other paints, make sure the paint is compatible with the polyester powder coating.|