The following are the most common reasons for verification failure:
- Insufficient cleaning of the prism.
- Too old calibration liquids
- Bad temperature control (changing temperature)
The following figure shows the VERIFICATION FAILED message. If you get this message, perform the following checks.
- Check that the prism and the sample holder are clean and the sample holder sits tightly on the sensor tip before a standard liquid is applied.
- Make sure the standard liquids are in good condition and not past their expiration date.
- Inspect the prism surface, make sure that it is smooth and glossy without any scratches.
- Go back to VERIFICATION STEP 2 by pressing REPEAT in the verification procedure.
If verification fails even when repeating the verification procedure, fill in PR-23 sensor verification form and send it to your
nearest representative or email the collected information to email@example.com and wait for further instructions.
For the sensor verification form collect data from the VERIFICATION STEP 2 display and the VERIFICATION RESULTS display. The sensor’s serial number is shown in the upper right corner of each display. To see the measured nD (R.I.), press VERIFY in VERIFICATION STEP 2. The list of CCD and TEMP values are on the verification results display, see the following figure.